The theme for this year’s WCIT Donor Thank You Event was AI4C. The event is usually held at the WCIT Hall to thank people who have made financial contributions to the WCIT Charity in the past year. Due to Covid 19 restrictions, the WCIT Hall, wine and nibbles were missing but not the important part – the people.
Host for the afternoon Zoom was Stefan Fafinski, WCIT Charity Chairman
The agenda included:
- the launch of AI4C – the new name for the WCIT AI/ML Learning Exchange for Charities
- a talk by Maxine Ricketts, Chairman of AI4C, on the AI4C story so far and plans for the future
- Louise Corden from the NSPCC, on the charity and being a member of AI4C
- Brian Perfect or The Brain Tumour Charity on the charity and being a member of AI4C
- Chris Rees (Past President BCS, WCIT Ethical and Spiritual Panel and AI4C member) on AI ethics